About York Gin Old Tom 70cl
- One of the world's best gins: Experts agree it is truly outstanding
- Yorkshire ingredients: Including Yorkshire Rose and local herbs
- Michelin Star gin: Collaboration with Star Inn, Harome, North Yorkshire
- Gin made in our small York distillery powered by 100% renewable electricity
- Bottles, labels and packaging all plastic free and made in Yorkshire
- Free optional hand-written gift note
York Gin Old Tom is a Victorian-style dry gin, slightly sweetened with a herb-infused sugar syrup made in the kitchen of one of Yorkshire's finest restaurants - the Michelin-starred Star Inn, Harome. Winner of Best English Old Tom Gin at the World Gin Awards 2020 and 2021.
The syrup's key ingredients are foraged from local North Yorkshire hedgerows and the Star Inn's kitchen garden - including the White Rose of Yorkshire.
Our most successful gin in international competitions. As well as the World Gin Awards, it has won:
- Gold at the New York International Spirits Competition in Summer 2020.
- Gold Outstanding at the IWSC (International Wine and Spirit Competition) 2019 - one of only six gins worldwide - with a score of 98/100.
- Gold at the 2019 Spirits Business Gin Masters, putting it in the company of some of the best distilleries in the world - Herno in Sweden and Australia's Four Pillars.
All our gins are made in our small York distillery powered by 100% renewable electricity.
The bottle, label and packaging are 100% plastic free and made sustainably in Yorkshire.
Comes with a free booklet of tasting notes, serves and York Gin info.
We can hand-write a gift note for free. Gift box options available too.
- 'Arguably one of the best gins in the world regardless of genre - York Old Tom is a must try, must taste, must have offering.' - Spirits Kiosk
- It's an unmissable gin in a sea of gin. It's so good there's not enough superlatives to do it justice.' - Spirits Kiosk
- 'A delightfully elegant and complex nose of juniper, spice, and flower blossom. On the palate, juniper is at the fore, before a exceptionally well-integrated liquorice sweetness that lingers on the finish and leaves you wanting another sip.' - International Wine & Spirit Competition
- 'Absolutely love York Gin's Old Tom - this one is a beaut.' - Susy Atkins, Sunday Telegraph
York Gin Old Tom, light tonic, lots of ice, Garnish: Pink peppercorns or Star Anise.
50ml York Gin Old Tom, 25ml lemon juice, 25ml sugar syrup, 125ml chilled soda water, Garnish: Slice of lemon.
Build the drink over lots of ice in a Collins or a hi-ball glass, stir and add a slice of lemon at the end.
Susy Atkins Martinez
40ml York Gin Old Tom, 40ml sweet red vermouth, 10ml orange liqueur (eg Cointreau). Dash of orange bitters (optional), Garnish: Twist of lemon juice.
Stir all the liquid ingredients over ice, then strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a thin, twisted strip of lemon zest.
Nose: Warm, hints of star anise and cinnamon, softly aromatic.
Palate: Slightly sweet, herbaceous and floral, rich, warming spice.
Finish: Mid-range finish with cooling flavours.
Aftertaste: Long, lingering, earthy with hint of liquorice.
Botanicals: juniper, coriander seeds, angelica root, cardamom, cinnamon bark, dried lemon peel, orris root, black pepper and grains of paradise.