Sustainable and responsible business: York Gin accredited with Good Business Charter
It’s Good Business Week - a chance for us to say how proud we are to be accredited with the Good Business Charter
The charter was set up to encourage responsible business behaviour - to treat people and planet with care and respect. To gain accreditation an organisation must meet 10 commitments towards responsibility and sustainability.
As one of England’s most sustainable distilleries, here are just some of the ways we ‘walk the walk’:
- We pay all our team at least the Living Wage
- We treat our team with kindness - and we listen!
- We use 100% green energy
- We only buy from sustainable suppliers
- We buy locally whenever possible - even when it’s more expensive
- None of our waste goes to landfill
- We pay all suppliers promptly
None of this comes cheap - and explains why our gins are more expensive than many others.
We thank each one of you for supporting our mission to create beautiful gins of the very highest quality while treating everyone and Earth with the utmost kindness.