Jobs & careers at York Gin
We currently have the following vacancies:
- Retail & Events Assistants
We're always happy to hear from people who really fancy working for us - even if the current vacancies aren't quite right.
You're welcome to email us with your CV or details of your experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retail & Events Assistants
York Gin makes some of the best gins in the world - right here in York.
We now need an outgoing, enthusiastic, flexible and well-organised person to help in our city centre shops:
The award-winning shop on Pavement and the new train station shop.
While we’re committed to maintaining the highest quality, we also want our staff to enjoy their jobs and have fun while giving brilliant customer service.
We’re a Living Wage Employer.
- Working in one of our two shops - one on Pavement, and the new smaller shop due to open soon at York train station.
- The work is not just basic retail - we pride ourselves on the knowledge and friendliness of our retail team. We tell the stories behind our gins, our company and gin more generally. In the Pavement shop we also offer free tasters of all the gins and speak expertly about what the customer is tasting.
- Working as part of a very busy retail team, ensuring we give customers the best possible experience when they take the time to visit us.
- Thinking on your feet and getting stuck in when things get busy.
- Full training will be given - both retail skills and the professional knowledge about how we make our gin, the York Gin story, how to drink gin like a professional, our sustainability credentials and how we support local businesses, charities, etc. (This involves a half-day paid training trip to our distillery).
- Potential opportunities to work on events - including the Christmas Market, other street festivals, etc, and potential for extra hours working in the distillery, bottling, labelling and packing.
- Enjoy chatting to people - this job involves lots of talking!
- Ability to communicate facts about York Gin, gin generally and the City of York clearly, confidently and accurately. Most customers are visitors who are interested in our city and our products.
- While you don’t need retail experience, you will need to have very good interpersonal skills and want to help customers get the very most from their visit to York Gin.
- Happy to work with IT systems, especially payment devices. Training provided.
- Enjoy being part of a team and being busy. The work is sometimes relentless as a seemingly endless stream of customers comes and goes - the team has to make every experience a brilliant one.
- It would be handy if you know something about and enjoy gin! We will train you so you’ll become knowledgeable about York, York Gin and gin more generally.
More details and application
Hours: Up to 16 per week. (Potential for more at the busiest times.)
We are a Living Wage employer. Salary on application.
Please apply to email@example.com with your CV or details of your experience and the job title in the subject line. Positions available from 1 November. Applications welcome now.